ICT now supports Windows 10. More information can be found here.
ICT provide support for the purchase, set up and renewal of College's computing hardware and software. HP Direct (part of Hewlett-Packard) is our preferred supplier of computer equipment, selected based on a competitive tender renewable every four years. All College's standard equipment is sourced from HP Direct at significantly discounted prices (see Purchase hardware from a departmental or research budget) with all systems built to College's standard specification.
Additional specialist software can be purchased via our Technology Store. If you have any questions about hardware or software, contact ICT's Technology Store team via ICT's Service Desk.
Under the Desktop computer renewal scheme, members of staff involved in academic and administrative tasks (you must be at least 20% HEFCE funded) are eligible to receive a new device every five years. Technical staff are also covered by this scheme. Departmental teaching machines are replaced over a four year cycle.
Machines used by Research Assistants and Postgraduate Research (PhD) students are not included in this programme and should be provisioned via research funding. If you have any questions about renewal, contact ICT's Technology Store team via ICT's Service Desk.
Benefits and key features:
- ICT and Purchasing makes hardware recommendations based on the kind of work you do and the kind of portability you need. We make it easy to find the right machine.
- We also provide general guidelines for computer purchases and minimum requirements to help you evaluate the usefulness of an existing computer.
- See our recommended HP and Apple configurations
Information on staff computers
How do I find out about...?
- Standard build for staff computers
- Using email
- Saving power
- Printing documents
- Purchasing and disposing of College IT hardware
- Free and discounted software
- Ways to access the College network remotely
- Access the wired network
- Imperial College Information Systems (ICIS)
- E-learning services
- Research support
- Conditions of use of IT facilities