To install Office 365 on a Windows 7/8 computer, follow these steps:
- Go to https://login.microsoftonline.com/.
- Enter your College username followed by @ic.ac.uk (e.g: firstname.lastname@example.org) and your password and click Sign In. The first time you log in you will see the install splashscreen.
- Click Install.
- Click on the cog in the top right-hand corner, if you are returning, and select Office 365 settings and choose Software.
- Click Install beneath the list of available software. You will now be asked by your internet browser (Eg: Chrome, Internet Explorer) to Save or Run the download file.
- Click Run if you are given the option, if not, save the file on your computer and double-click to run it from there.
- Follow the steps given by Office 365 setup utility to finish the installation.
Activating the software
Once the software is installed, the Microsoft Office Setup Assistant will run, and the software will need to be activated. This can be done by following these steps:
- Click Sign in to an existing Office 365 Subscription.
- Enter your College username followed by @ic.ac.uk (eg. email@example.com) and click Next.
Office should now be fully installed and activated.
Software can be installed on up to 5 different computers. You can keep track of the computers you have installed software on by logging in to https://login.microsoftonline.com/ and navigating to the Software Settings section via the cog in the upper right corner of the page.
Further guides for using the Office ProPlus software can be found on Microsoft's website.