For Mac OS version 10.12 (Sierra) and above
Apple are no longer supporting PPTP, the VPN method for the college, on the newest versions of MacOS and iOS. If you are using MacOS Sierra, please follow the instructions below:
1. Download Tunnelblick and install it
2. Once Tunnelblick is installed download the OpenVPN config file
3. Double-click on the OpenVPN file you downloaded and connect using your college username and password
To access Library Journals please visit the Library Website and use the Library Search.
Please note that the VPN is not intended to provide access to region-restricted resources such as video or audio streaming providers.
For Mac OS version 10.11 and earlier:
- Click on the Apple icon in the top left hand corner.
- Select System Preferences.
- Click on Network under Internet & Wireless.
- Click on the padlock in the bottom left hand corner if it is locked.
- Click on + above the padlock icon.
- Select VPN from the Interface dropdown menu on the dialog box that has appeared.
- Select PPTP from the VPN Type dropdown menu.
- Enter Imperial VPN in the Service Name field and click Create.
- Enter vpn.imperial.ac.uk in the Server Address field.
- Enter your Imperial username in the Account Name field.
- Tick Show VPN status in the menu bar.
- Click Advanced and tick Send all traffic over VPN connection.
- Click OK.
- Select Authentication Settings.
- Enter your College password in the Password field and click OK.
- Click Apply to confirm the settings and then click Connect.
The connection has now been created and will be saved and displayed in your list of connections.