Before you use the Remote Desktop Gateway (RDG) connection, wake your College PC. We are limited in the support we are able to directly provide for this app.
To set up an RDG connection using your Android device, follow these steps:
- Download and install the free Microsoft Remote Desktop app from the Play Store.
- Start the app and select the + icon in the bottom left hand side of the screen to create a new connection. The configuration page will appear.
- Select Connection name and enter a relevant name like Imperial Work PC.
- Enter the FQDN (e.g. cc-example.cc.ic.ac.uk) of the College PC to which you wish to connect in the PC name field.
- Select the Gateway option.
- Press Add Gateway.
- Enter a relevant name such as TS Gateway into the Gateway Name field.
- Enter ictsgw.cc.ic.ac.uk into the Server field.
- Press the tick in the top right hand corner of the screen to confirm these settings and return to the previous screen.
- Enter ic\yourCollegeusername in the User name field.
- Enter your College password in the Password field.
- Press the tick in the top right hand corner of the screen to confirm these settings. Your remote desktop connection has been saved.
- Select the new connection listed in the All section of Remote Desktops to initiate a connection.
Your session is now connected.