Eligibility for fully-funded CDT (MRes+PhD) projects

In most circumstances full funding (stipend and tuition fees) is available for UK citizens for MRes+PhD (4 year) studentships. EU students who have been resident in the UK for a minimum of 3 consecutive years may count as UK residents and may be able to apply for projects with funding.    

StudentsDue to funding restrictions, we cannot usually offer funded studentships to international (including EU) applicants, or to MRes only students. 

Find out more about funding eligibility

International Students

International students (including EU applicants who have not been resident in the UK for a minimum of 3 consecutive years) are welcome to apply to both MRes (1 year) and MRes+PhD (4 years) programmes, but will need to arrange for their own funding for tuition fees and living costs. 

If you still have questions after reading the web pages linked to above, please contact Ms Lisa Cheung (PE-CDT Administrator).


Find out more about postgraduate scholarships at Imperial College. We strongly recommend that Chinese applicants apply for the China Scholarship Council (CSC) via Imperial College; if successful, this scholarship will also cover the MRes year pf the PE-CDT course, in addition to the PhD (but the MRes year is not funded if your application was not through Imperial College).

If you have any questions about scholarships, please use the appropriate email address as indicated on the webpage for the particular scholarship that you are interested in.