The EERP process
The Education Ethics Review Process (EERP) is intended for ‘low risk’ educational research projects only
Please refer to the interactive process flow chart or Process flow chart (PDF) and the Application help (PDF) before you start the process so that you are sure this is the most appropriate route for ethical approval for your intended project.
Education Ethics Review Process [EERP]
Is this the right process for you?
- Carrying out educational research?
- Carrying out an educational review/evaluation that you may want to publish?
If you are and your planned work does not involve:
- Animals or animal tissue - Home Office and AWERB (at Gov.uk)
- Patients, patient data or human tissue - The Integrated Research Application System (IRAS)
- Medical students - Medical Education Ethics Committee (MEEC)
And if your work does not focus on problematic or sensitive issues
Then the Education Ethics Review Process might be appropriate for your research.