Accommodation Licence (Contract)
The lengths of our accommodation contracts (known as your ‘College accommodation licence’) for the 2018-19 academic year are:
- 38 weeks and 5 days for first year undergraduates, though you have the option to extend over the summer at some halls
- 51 weeks for returning undergraduate students at Evelyn Gardens
- 51 weeks for postgraduates students at Silwood Park, though you will have an option to take a field trip as required by your course of study
Your licence for accommodation is a legally binding agreement. Please read it carefully and if you require clarification on any point, please contact the Student Hub at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that Imperial's offer of accommodation is made on condition that you have, or will have at the beginning of the Accommodation Period, registered as a student at Imperial College London and remain as a registered student throughout the Accommodation Period.
If you are residing in accommodation outside of the College portfolio, your terms and conditions will be driven by either an estate agent, landlord or private accommodation provider. It is for this reason the College highly recommends that you understand and agree to this before signing any associated contract. The Student Hub can provide guidance and support relating to any private accommodation enquiry.
Accommodation Licence Amendment Notice
In July 2018, the accommodation licence was amended to reflect a change to the licence length and College accommodation duration for undergraduate halls in 2018-19.
Namely the move-in date (and start of the licence) will remain as Saturday 29 September 2018 but the move-out date (and licence end date) has now changed to Thursday 26 June 2019 instead of Saturday 28 June 2019.
The licence changes are highlighted below:
- The third term (referred to as Period 3) of the Accommodation Licence for the 2018-19 academic year will now be until 26 June 2019 inclusive (resulting in Period 3 being 8 weeks and 5 nights, as opposed to until 28 June 2019 (inclusive));
- The fourth term (referred to as Period 4) of the Accommodation Licence for the 2018-19 academic year will now commence on 27 June 2019 (resulting in Period 4 being 12 weeks and 2 nights, as opposed to commencing on 29 June 2019) and;
- The accommodation licence fees for Period 3 and for Period 4 will be adjusted pro rata accordingly
- A further change has been made to Clause 18.1.d, which clarifies your responsibility as a tenant to inform us of any change to your student status, specifically if you have ceased being a registered student.
You can read the Accommodation licence 2018-19 here or using the link at the top right of this page. If you are offered accommodation in September 2018, you will have the opportunity to review the licence again before accepting it.